Thursday, March 8, 2012

Climbing indoors and building some holds of my own.

I've been doing some indoor rock climbing lately and really enjoying the challenges both physically and mentally that present themselves while pursing this new(ish) hobby.  One of the things that has intrigued me lately is the quality and types of holds that I haven encountered while climbing indoors.

Based on my limited experience I plan on making some climbing holds of my own first with some Resin based holds and foam shaped originals to give to my local gym.  Its kind of an experiment to see if I can create something that route setters will find fun to use and possibly give them some options they might not have had while route setting previously.

If I'm not too lazy i'll try to take some pictures of different stages of the process to  post here at a later date, for now I'm working in my mind and on paper conceptualizing some thoughts and ideas to start to shape this weekend hopefully.

later.

No comments:

Post a Comment