Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Day 2 Tuna, and a good cardio workout

I am so sick of Tuna, and most of what you read really say it's not a bright fad diet to do, but I needed something to kick-start bringing my calories down. After a couple days of tuna only at around 900 calories two straight days in a row bringing some other veggies and lean meats into the diet is going to feel like a feast. Based on the Harris Benedict formula to calculate my BMR (Base Metabolic Rate) and a sedentary lifestyle (no workouts) I should be eating about 1700 calories. Now if I take into account i'll be working out 5, maybe 6 days this week I should probably be eating about 2500 - 2700 calories to maintain my current weight.

Based on the fact that i'm trying to lose some extra fat, I believe that this little kick start will help me enjoy dieting at somewhere between 1700 - 2000 calories a day to really make some good gains.

I know there are alot of people that will tell me i'm going to loose muscle mass dieting this much but I'm not really concerned with that at the moment.

--Today's workout--
Did 15 minutes on the elliptical this morning mostly just a interval training session i felt decent in the morning, come evening workout I was starving and I still am right now...

400 meter warm up 1-2 minute break
100 meter sprint "
100 meter sprint "
50 meter sprint "
100 meter sprint "
20 meter sprint "
20 meter sprint "
20 meter sprint "

100 meter sprint no break
jog back 100 no break
100 meter sprint no break
jog back 100 1 minute break

cool down for 400...
400 meter cool down / stretch / jog backwards, jog forwards, 100 meter tip tow walking for the calves.

all in all it was a good workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment